Monday, February 13, 2012

Finnish Summer

I made this quilt last summer, but just gave it away as a birthday gift last month, so I wasn't able to post a photo here until now! I did post a photo of the back at one point, though. It's 72"x84" (intended to be a wide twin), made up of 2" squares. I used Bonnie's instructions for a Scrappy Trips Around the World, and the colors were inspired by the colors of a Finnish summer: blue water and sky, green grass and trees, yellow and orange sunshine and grains in the fields.

8 comments:

heartsofhampshire said...

That is so gorgeous- whoever received it must have been over the moon!
Heather x

shannon said...

beautiful!! lucky person to get it as a bday gift!

Jeanne said...

It's a wonderful quilt! The birthday recipient must have overjoyed.

Brenda said...

lovely colours and glad to see you back in blogland!

Mary Johnson said...

Your color choices are beautiful! I love this!

jovaliquilts said...

How lovely! I think those scrappy trip around the world quilts look best when they have a coordinated color scheme, like yours. What a great gift!

Anonymous said...

Have to say that I just love that quilt on my bed! Overjoyed, in 7th heaven, and the rest of the superlatives. And this every morning when I make my bed! Thank you, Hedgehog, one more time!

Avis said...

What an amazing quilt. I love the colour scheme :-)