Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Ready?

I finished up Falls Church tonight, and I'm pretty sure it's the last place that will go into the quilt!! Yippee! I did get a few ideas about the back today, though...

There's not a lot of contrast in this one, but the colors will help balance out the front, I think. I just love the oak leaves fabric (it's left over from Leafy Rosy), and the purple is prettier in person than in the indoor night light.

Here's a photo of this week's places all together for scale:

4 comments:

jovaliquilts said...

This quilt is such a great idea -- can't wait to see it finished! It's just wonderful how you have all these major cities, and also Falls Church and Sterling.

Tonya Ricucci said...

wheeee. yeah, the contrast isn't the best but you did it deliberately and with purpose so that's a-ok. not that you need my permission.. although this is a class project, so I guess I can slip into teacher mode, right? Now if I had to do some psychologizing, I would think that Sterling was an incredibly important place for you and you're trying to forget about Falls Church....

love seeing the blocks together with the different way you've done them all. woohoo.

Hedgehog said...

Love Tonya's attempt to shrink me based on this quilt!!

No chance I'm going to spill those beans here in public, but I will admit that I considered my emotions about places when choosing fabrics/sizes, but tried to disregard them for the most part. My favorite childhood place? Pennington. It does stand out pretty well. The place I call my hometown, Lewiston, - and love dearly - doesn't pack much of a punch! Nor does Vaasa, where I currently live - and where I have lived the longest!

Clare said...

LOL! Love the comments.