Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Something Else in Green and Orange

I like to think I don't have a favorite color.

Everyone who's met me here in Finland, however, would disagree. My living room and kitchen have an awful lot of green in them! A kind of granny smith apple green. (recovered sofa here, new chair fabric here...) Green is a neutral, right?! My mom might say orange, if you asked her about my favorite color. So might a friend who's bought me some very cool things on her travels in recent years. (evidence here) Orange is a great accent color!

Sometime in high school I might have said blue (our school color - and mascot - yes, just a color - not sure if there's a connection). A few years earlier, I would have said aqua. I remember the Christmas when I was turning 10, we traveled to stay with relatives who I'd only met once before. The one thing my grandmother told everyone was that I liked purple. A lot. I got a lot of purple gifts that year, including a crocheted ripple afghan that I should blog about some time!

All this to say, here's another green and orange project hanging out on the line. (Other green and orange/yellow quilts here, here, here, and here!) I pieced the top four years ago in Maine and finally quilted it and put the binding on last week. The logs are 1" finished, and the whole thing is 40"x50". Another summer UFO finish! Yippee!

7 comments:

Karen said...

Log cabin blocks are such fun to play with. I like your color choices. Can't say that I really see orange. More in the gold color range. I know, gold is a shade of orange! Your quilt is like the first change of color in the fall when there is still lots of green but hints of what is to come.

Nancy Near Philadelphia said...

When your neighbor paints her house blue, I'll anticipate lots of nice rose-color quilts!

Vicki W said...

Jen, My fabrics arrived today! What a treat to receive the day before my birthday. I've never heard of Marimekko fabrics but now I get it. They are wonderful prints and colors! I can't wait to used some in my next project.
Thanks so much!

Dzeniferka said...

Love green. Love orange. No need for favorites, but they are a good combo. (Incidentally, my apartment is inexplicably red/turquoise for the same reason). Love your craftiness -- as usual, you are inspiring!

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Love your logs! The thing about quilting fabrics - you never use ALL of a fabric up with just one quilt so it keeps going on into the next quilt and the next. Makes sense to make more than 1 quilt in similar colors because that would be what colors you would have in your stash. Cheers! Evelyn

Ruth's Place said...

It's beautiful! I love the colour combo. I'm spinning orange and green at the moment.

Tanya said...

And it is wonderful! The colors are beautiful!