Thursday, July 17, 2008

Never Fear

I am not going to forsake quilting for knitting! I do have a couple of small hand quilting projects with me - that is if I find any spare time! (Yes, I'm teaching a course here in Missoula - for Korean primary school English teachers. That's the University of Montana in the photo above.) Below is a photo of the first slipper. I'm a little nervous it might be a wee bit small because I am knitting so tightly. I'm sure I'll find someone it will fit! If you read Swedish, the pattern is available here for free (Gäst tofflor, grattis beskrivning 5-29). If not, I believe Swedish Yarn in North Carolina sells an English translation (Raggi - the name of the Järbo yarn - pattern 5-29). It's super easy and quick and is a great getting-started pattern, I think. I'm using Laines Du Nord Korall Fancy yarn #558. (Here it is on sale - I haven't used this website, though.) I'm going to need a little more than the two skeins (100g) that the pattern suggests.

10 comments:

dot said...

Enjoy Montana!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ruth's Place said...

The slipper is looking great!

Rosalyn Manesse said...

Well, you sure are a great traveler! Love the slipper.

Unknown said...

I am glad you are going to keep on quilting.

Clare said...

Phew - that's a relief then! Thought we had lost you for a moment.

I'd love to visit Montana one day.

Dzeniferka said...

The slippers look cozy! I am missing you down south here in Wyoming...

Karen said...

I stumbled on your blog from some others. I love quilting and had to comment on your blog about yours. I have yet to post my quilts on my blog, but I should. It is me. I am inspired by you and just wanted you to know.

Libby said...

What a great photo of the campus . . . easy to see why it's called 'Big Sky country' *s*

julieQ said...

Such pretty colors! Enjoy your project!

Michi said...

HEY! I just taught myself how to knit too using that Knitting Help website. So far I've made washcloths for everyone I know, most of a scarf and I'm making a lovely little cabled baby blanket for my friends baby. I'll try to remember to post some pictures on my blog.