Thursday, June 26, 2008

Tree Quilt and Some Winners!!

This is what I made for the June round of the 6-12" mini quilt trading swap. I think it's arrived safely in Massachusetts, so I can post the whole photo now. The tree trunk is needle-turned (I need more practice with the corners) and the non-button flowers are machine quilted. I had fun working with the buttons - just bought a whole bunch of pink and purple ones for an upcoming project. That little button at the bottom is indeed a hedgehog. It was fun to see some of the guesses!

Drumroll please.............

Sorry it's taken me so long to draw the winners of my 200th post give-away! The Midsommar celebrations went on for several days... I decided to draw three names and the winners are Jmbmommy, Chookyblue, and Nettie. Congratulations! If you send me your addresses, I hope to have the minis finished by tomorrow (assuming I can finish them during the football tonight). Here's a little peek at one of them (entirely handquilted with perle cotton and big uneven stitches - my first try and I think I'm hooked!).

14 comments:

dot said...

What a cute little quilt. I am sure is will be well loved at its mew home.

Unknown said...

Doh! Of course it is a hedgehog, I was totally not getting the connection of your name! Really cute quilt, and congrats to the winners of the drawing.

jacquie said...

Love your mini! So great. Congrats to the winners...you lucky dogs!!!

Unknown said...

This is a great little quilt.

Donna said...

love the effect of some of the flowers not being buttons :-)

Chookyblue...... said...

yeh how exciting I won.........thanks so much.........

Lily Mulholland said...

Jen you're doing such a wonderful job on all these minis! Lucky winners. And I love the Hedgehog button!

Tonya Ricucci said...

beautiful little quilt. I love the simplicity of it and the colors. excellent job.

Unknown said...

Love the tree quilt and the sneak preview looks intriguing - must try that big stitch quilting, my grotty old fingers could probably cope with that

Clare said...

Gorgeous colours - so simple and yet striking. Isn't quilting with perle great.

Libby said...

Love those big stitches!

sewkalico said...

Great tree quilt! Love the big stitch sneaky peek - looks interesting!!

Samantha said...

Oh my gosh, that is a gorgeous tree!

jmb_craftypickle said...

I am so excited!!! Thanks again and congrats on 200!