Tuesday, March 25, 2008

A Post Post and the First Bag

My mom started knitting in November (well, she started again after a couple projects more than 30 years ago) and these are her first attempt at socks. I'm so impressed! They are the softest, most comfortable cotton - and the color is a perfect match with my couch (don't you try to color coordinate your outfits with your couch?!). She threw in some nasty (I mean that in the nicest way) Peeps, a quilting magazine, and four fabrics (three of which are for the quilt she wants me to make her this summer based on Kaffe Fassett's Leafy Rosy pattern).

And here are some more photos of the bag I made for Celine in England for the swap organized by Barbara now that it's arrived. I made it by adapting Kristin La Flamme's Süße Sac pattern. I also included some Finnish goodies, including Fazer chocolate, Nordqvist tea, and some Marimekko napkins (to match the Marimekko fabric). It may still be cold here in Vaasa, but it's been super sunny!

13 comments:

jacquie said...

This bag is beautiful. Love the fabric. So glad I found your blog.

jovaliquilts said...

Very nice bag! Is Marimekko Finnish? I brought my older daughter home from the hospital in a newborn marimekko outfit -- 23 years ago! I really like their style.

Shelina said...

It is as pretty bag - and you can't go wrong if you put chocolate in it!

Kristin L said...

Cute bag -- I love the addition of teh pocket on the outside :-)

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

How nice to get a care package from your Mom! Those ARE nice socks! And - you are GREAT at making bags!!!

Cheers!
Evelyn

Lily Mulholland said...

Wow Jen you have outdone yourself with that bag! And yay to your mum for the socks!!

chq said...

I love that yellow fabric, it's fabulous!!!

Cherri

Unknown said...

Wow this says summer and sun, beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Your mum did great with the socks! Much nicer than my first pair :)

Love that bag too, very lovely.

Libby said...

There was a comedienne a few years back that said in her routine that you should try to coordinate with your couch in order to look thinner *s* Her problem . . . wicker sofa *ha*

Rosalyn Manesse said...

Ask your darling Mother if she can put me on the list for socks! Well, I'm only joking, but those are nice socks.

Pink and Barbara said...

Hi!
Loved seeing more pictures of the bag you send! Celine was very happy with it!

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh fun bag! That style is kind of cool! What a fun package from your mom!