Monday, July 23, 2007

Tagged and Travels

Jodie tagged me while I was traveling, so I thought I'd transform her challenge into a way to share a few photos from my recent travels in Finland, Russia, Sweden, and Norway, so here are eight tidbits from my recent trips:

1. another Hedgehog living in Vaasa (June 21st)


2. inside the Church on the Spilt Blood in St. Petersburg (June 26th)


3. St. Basil's Cathedral in Red Square (June 29th)


4. Marimekko Factory Store in suburban Helsinki (July 2nd)


5. crossing the Arctic Circle in Sweden (July 5th)


6. cod drying in Norway's Lofoten Islands (July 7th)


7. Nordkapp, Norway with the midnight sun (July 14th/15th) (Europe's northernmost point - actually, the northernmost point is at Knivskjelodden, where we hiked to the next day)


8. reindeer at the airport in Kirkenes, Norway (July 19th)


(map of Norway travels)

10 comments:

dot said...

Welcome home. Great pictures. Your doll quilt is beautiful

Lily Mulholland said...

Okay, so slightly green at the moment! I would love to have your trip and the photos from it. Love the St Basil's photo - so want to go there!

And your doll quilt that arrived is so cute. The spotted fabric is a great contrast!

Tonya Ricucci said...

great pics, looks like you covered a lot of territory on your travels. love the St Basil pic.

Anonymous said...

Welcome back, great travel photos. I'm so jealous, I've always wanted to visit St Basil's!

Libby said...

What a fantastic trip - more memories for a lifetime *s*

Unknown said...

What a fantstic trip - lucky girl - and love the little dolls quilt

Clare said...

I've always wanted to go to Russia, especially St Petersburg. Lovely picture of St Basil's and the one of the midnight sun is beautiful.

Jenni said...

Nice photos, cute Hedgehog. Sounds like you had some wonderful travels.

Jeanne said...

Such wonderful pictures! You must have had a great time. Thanks for sharing.

YankeeQuilter said...

Great photos...I lived in Moscow for a few months in the early 90's. It is a facinating city. Looks like you are making the most of living overseas!
Sio